Get the show delivered right to you!
These episodes connect listeners with amazing teachers, role models, and mentors.
Learn from actors who have been working for decades: how they approach the work, what decisions and resources have made the biggest impacts, and hear the struggles and successes.
I want to help people know what to do EARLIER in their career.
How do great actors actually work? What do they actually do? What creates longevity?
Let’s find out.
Click on the titles below to hear each episode.
- Coming Soon – The Trailer, with clips from Geoffrey (#5), Anne Gee (#3), and Harry (#4).
- #1: Robert Pine on Raw Enthusiasm and Knowing Yourself
- Robert Pine on Acting and Netflix[MEMBERS ONLY]
- #2: Armin Shimerman on Gratitude and Trusting Fate
- Text Work: Shakespeare’s Henry VI with Armin Shimerman
- #3: Anne Gee Byrd on Being Tough and Enjoying Auditions
- #4: 3x Tony-Nominee Harry Groener on Versatility and Learning Lines Quickly
- Text Work: Noel Coward’s “Mrs. Worthington” and Shakespeare’s King Lear with Harry Groener
- #5: Geoffrey Wade on People vs. Characters and Doing Your Job
- Text Work: Tom Stoppard’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead with Geoffrey Wade
- #6: Nike Doukas on Determination and Embracing Emotion
- Text Work: Mike Bartlett’s King Charles III with Nike Doukas
- #7: Peter Van Norden on Finding Vulnerability and Work Making Work
- Text Work: Harold Pinter’s The Hothouse with Peter Van Norden
- #8: Clyde Kusatsu [Part 1] on Discipline and Being 10x Better
- #9: Clyde Kusatsu [Part 2] on Recovery, Preparation, and Serving the Project
- #10: Gigi Bermingham on Being a Misfit and Living Her Dream
- #11: Ben Whitehair on Building Relationships and Intelligent Rule-Breaking
- #12: Dakin Matthews on Acting the Classics and Your Artistic Family
- Text Work: Mini-Shakespeare Master Class with Dakin Matthews
- Season Two Trailer, featuring Francis (#14) and Tony (#18)
- #13: Tony-Winner Reed Birney on Actor Despair and Roles That Scare You
- Follow-up with Reed Birney [MEMBERS ONLY]
- #14: Steppenwolf’s Francis Guinan on Being Blue Collar and Slightly Undisciplined
- Text Work: Jessica Dickey’s The Rembrandt with Francis Guinan
- #15: Dawn Didawick on Being a Sponge, No Credentials, and Daring to Fail
- #16: Narrator Ray Porter on Delivering the Mail, Being Your Advocate, and Good-Natured Arrogance
- Text Work: John Webster’s The White Devil with Ray Porter
- #17: Director Robert Goldsby on the Aliveness of Molière, Clear Transitions, and Being Blissfully Happy
- #18: Tony Amendola on Stamping Your Own Passport and Following the Work
- Text Work: Shakespeare’s Sonnet 130 with Tony Amendola
- #19: Alan Mandell on Beckett, Theatre Artists, and Always Working
- #20: Arye Gross on Deep Curiosity, Inspiring Empathy, and Bringing Your Life into the Scene
- Season Three Trailer featuring Simon (#23), Jeanne (#22), and Scotty (#24)
- #21: Richard Riehle on Being Open, Dependable, and Watching Everything
- #22: Jeanne Sakata on the Joy of Discovery, Eagerness, and Redemptive Writing
- Text Work: Threat Matrix with Jeanne Sakata
- #23: Narrator Simon Vance on Feeding the Birds, Pushing Yourself, and Wanting More
- Text Work: Alan Moore’s Jerusalem with Simon Vance
- #24: Tony-Winner L. Scott Caldwell on Self-Doubt, Pretending vs. Being, and Meeting Your Destiny
- Ep #25: Randall Duk Kim and Annie Occhiogrosso on Pursuing Crazy Ideas, Shakespeare’s Clues, and Your Own Discretion
- Text Work: Hamlet’s “Advice to the Players” with Randall Duk Kim and Annie Occhiogrosso
- A Tribute to Philip Bosco, with Armin Shimerman and Peter Van Norden
- Cashflow for Creatives with Kristine Oller, Actor and Strategic Planner
- Behind the Podcast: Paden Fallis of In and [Out of] the Arena
- Behind the Podcast: Audrey Moore of Audrey Helps Actors
- Behind the Podcast: Mike Moreno of Actor CEO
Season 4 (Pandemic Bonus)
- Scenes from our LIVE Online Reading of Much Ado About Nothing with Dakin Matthews
- FULL Production of our LIVE Online Reading of The Merry Wives of Windsor with Harry Groener
- Q&A with Shakespeare dramaturg Gideon Rappaport
- Q&A with actor, social media maven, and entrepreneur Ben Whitehair
- Workshop presentation of “Clarence’s Dream and Murder” from Richard III with Geoffrey Wade, Tony Amendola, Elizabeth Dennehy, and more!
- Q&A with Voice Teacher and Coach Ursula Meyer
- Workshop Presentation of “Will you walk in, my lord?” from Troilus and Cressida with James Newcomb, Ross Hellwig, Sapna Kumar, and Marcelo Tubert
- Vocal Clinic with Scott Ferrara, Fitzmaurice Voicework Teacher
- Workshop Presentation: Richard III (Scenes 1.1 and 4.4) with Tony Amendola as Richard and Anne Gee Byrd as Margaret
- Workshop Presentation: King Lear (Scenes 1.4 and 2.4) with Tony Amendola as Lear and Elizabeth Dennehy as Goneril
- Workshop Presentation: A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Scene 3.2) with Anne Gee Byrd as Helena and James Newcomb directing
- Workshop Presentation: As You Like It (Scenes 1.3 & 3.2) with Aubrey Saverino, Meaghan Boeing, and Elizabeth Swain directing
- Workshop Presentation: Julius Caesar (Scene 1.2) with Peter Van Norden, Elizabeth Dennehy and Geoffrey Wade directing
- Workshop Presentation: King John (Scene 1.1) with Marcelo Tubert, Ross Hellwig and Gigi Bermingham directing
- Workshop Presentation: As You Like It (Scene 1.2) with Janet Greaves, Jamal Douglas, Whitney Wakimoto and Geoffrey Wade directing
- Workshop Presentation: The Merchant of Venice (Scene 5.1) with Marcelo Tubert, Aubrey Saverino, Ross Hellwig and Brendon Fox directing