These episodes connect listeners with amazing teachers, role models, and mentors.
Learn from actors who have been working for decades: how they approach the work, what decisions and resources have made the biggest impacts, and hear the struggles and successes.
I want to help people know what to do EARLIER in their career.
How do great actors actually work? What do they actually do? What creates longevity?
Let’s find out.
Click on the titles below to hear each episode.
- Coming Soon – The Trailer, with clips from Geoffrey (#5), Anne Gee (#3), and Harry (#4).
- Ep #1: Robert Pine on Raw Enthusiasm and Knowing Yourself
- Ep #2: Armin Shimerman on Gratitude and Trusting Fate
- Text Work: Shakespeare’s Henry VI with Armin Shimerman
- Ep #3: Anne Gee Byrd on Being Tough and Enjoying Auditions
- Ep #4: 3x Tony Nominee Harry Groener on Versatility and Learning Lines Quickly
- Text Work: Noel Coward’s “Mrs. Worthington” and Shakespeare’s King Lear with Harry Groener
- Ep #5: Geoffrey Wade on People vs. Characters and Doing Your Job
- Text Work: Tom Stoppard’s Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead with Geoffrey Wade
- Ep #6: Nike Doukas on Determination and the Bigness of Emotion
- Text Work: Mike Bartlett’s King Charles III with Nike Doukas
- Ep #7: Peter Van Norden on Finding Vulnerability and Work Making Work
- Text Work: Harold Pinter’s The Hothouse with Peter Van Norden
- Ep #8: Clyde Kusatsu [Part 1] on Discipline and Being 10x Better
- Ep #9: Clyde Kusatsu [Part 2] on Recovery, Preparation, and Serving the Project
- Ep #10: Gigi Bermingham on Being a Misfit and Living Her Dream
- Ep #11: Ben Whitehair on Building Relationships and Intelligent Rule-Breaking
- Ep #12: Dakin Matthews on Acting the Classics and Your Artistic Family
- Text Work: Mini-Shakespeare Master Class with Dakin Matthews
- Season Two Trailer, featuring Francis (#14)
- Ep #13: Tony-Winner Reed Birney on Actor Despair and Roles That Scare You
- Ep #14: Steppenwolf’s Francis Guinan on Being Blue Collar and Slightly Undisciplined
- Text Work: Jessica Dickey’s The Rembrandt with Francis Guinan
- Ep #15: Dawn Didawick on Being a Sponge, No Credentials, and Daring to Fail
- Ep #16: Narrator Ray Porter on Delivering the Mail, Being Your Advocate, and Good-Natured Arrogance
- Text Work: John Webster’s The White Devil with Ray Porter
- Ep #17: Director Robert Goldsby on the Aliveness of Molière, Clear Transitions, and Being Blissfully Happy
- Ep #18: Tony Amendola on Stamping Your Own Passport and Following the Work
- Text Work: Shakespeare’s Sonnet 130 with Tony Amendola
- Ep #19: Alan Mandell on Beckett, Theatre Artists, and Always Working
- A Tribute to Philip Bosco, with Armin Shimerman and Peter Van Norden
- Behind the Podcast: Paden Fallis of In and [Out of] the Arena
- Cashflow for Creatives with Kristine Oller, Actor and Strategic Planner